Saturday, April 26, 2014

Easter Reflections :: Weekends with Chesterton


Easter is always a wonderful time to reflect on where we are in our spiritual journeys, how we got here, and where we are going. I made the decision to come into full communion with the Catholic Church when I was 19; I spent many years being angry at God for the family, emotional, and economic situation that I lived. Even though I openly shunned Christ and denied the validity of any Christian faith, I was always receptive to Mary. I found myself coming again and again to the rosary amidst my struggles.


I was like the persecutors that Chesterton mentions; I exerted so much effort in attempting to silence those who believed and to keep the Truth from heart that I forgot to check the tomb. I failed to see if Christ was waiting limp and pale on the slab or if He was truly risen walking next to me.

Today, I might not doubt the Resurrection of my Lord and Savior, He is not always the first priority. Because I recognize his magnanimity and unconditional love for me, I allow the everyday struggles, failures, and excitements to overshadow the responsibility I have to cultivate my relationship with Christ through living out his words, in prayer, or in showing absolute joy amongst the small crosses I have been given.  



Check out Sarah's new layout at Amongst Lovely Things, and don't forget to click on other Chesterton quips.

1 comment:

  1. I've been doing a lot of this type of reflecting myself, as this Easter marked 10 years since my entrance into full communion with the Church.

    All grace.

    Thanks for linking up, Ashley! :)

    ReplyDelete